Friday, November 22, 2013

Never Land Rescue Pirate Party!

In celebration of the new full-length Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Never Land Rescue DVD, the TV Household was given the opportunity to have a Pirate Party!


We were sent this cute little Pirate Party Kit, complete with everything needed to have a super fun viewing party. Okay, so I made the popcorn myself... more on that in a moment... and TV Boy added the "bloons" to the treasure chest from the tokens he nabbed from one of the TV Grandparents' houses (they have a slot machine in their basement).


TV Dad will attest that I can only cook certain things... popcorn, apparently, is not one of them. FAIL.


Radar, one of the TV Cats (he's actually specifically TV Boy's cat), thought the box that the kit came in was for him. It's the "if I fits, I sits" mentality.


I thought he should look more... participatory. He, however, was not amused with my idea.


TV Boy is all pirate-d up and ready to watch the movie! Notice his pirate tattoos (not real, don't worry TV Grandmas!) and his new Sword of Destiny (which comes with the DVD!).


I put on a tattoo too (say THAT five times fast!). TV Boy insisted I put with my real one, which is his first initial in Binary around an 8-bit heart, for those who are wondering what the heck I have on my arm. I'm a huge geek, remember. However, I apparently am allergic to temporary tattoos, so I quickly removed mine. Real tats are surprisingly less painful and irritating to me. Go figure.


Let the movie begin!


Instead of burnt popcorn, I opted for salad. Grew those tomatoes in our own backyard! Thankfully, I didn't feel too hippie-ish, Izzy has a salad in the opening scene in the movie. Boom. Pirate food.


Grow, Forever Tree, grow! And this was my epiphany of why we were sent a tree growing kit in our Pirate Party materials. Now we can grow our own Forever Tree (an Evergreen... get it?)! Alright, I'll be honest... I'm about as good with growing things as I am cooking popcorn. The tree will be TV Dad's responsibility so I don't kill it. I've killed cacti. Plural. 

I'd like to give a special thanks to my friends at Click Communications for allowing the TV Household to have this awesome Pirate Party! Let's hope I don't kill the Forever Tree. I have a feeling that would be incredibly ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment