Friday, March 7, 2014

Q&A With Directors and Producer of FROZEN!

By now you've already heard about the Oscar wins for Frozen. And, if you're like me, you know the words to "Let It Go" by heart, and maybe you even sing them in the shower..... no? Just me? Surrrrre. Wink wink.

Image courtesy Disney.

During my trip to LA last month, one of the things we were fortunate enough to experience during our tour of Disney Animation Studios was an amazing roundtable session with Frozen's Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee and Producer Peter Del Vecho. We were given the opportunity to ask them questions about Frozen and their experiences during the making of the film.

Image courtesy Disney. Do you see me setting up my TARDIS iPad to film?

Image courtesy Disney. Peter, Jennifer, and Chris.

Some of my fellow bloggers asked some great questions, like what got the movie green-lit? Were there any favorite scenes cut from the film? Did anyone get to go to Norway for research? Was it always a musical? Why didn't Kristoff get a backstory? Is there any chance of seeing Kristoff's story? Why does Oaken have an accent? My question, which comes at 10:26 in the video below, was "why was it not 'The Snow Queen', why the shift to 'Frozen'?" Also, does Chris Buck perhaps give us confirmation of Frozen on Broadway???


From my point of view on the couch!

It's a long video (nearly twenty minutes), but if you're a fan of the film, I highly suggest listening to the whole interview. Sorry about the sound quality, an iPad doesn't make for great film equipment! But, if you turn your speakers up all the way, you should be able to hear everyone pretty clearly. They are such storytellers, and their talent shines through in their thoughtful answers to our questions.




(I also apologize for the "Vertical Video Syndrome", which I attempted to fix a little bit with the title across the bottom.) 

This was an incredible, life-changing opportunity, and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it! It was definitely very cool sitting at home with one of my best friends and getting to shout "I totally got to meet those people!" as these three accepted their Oscar. Once again, a huge congratulations to all my new friends at Disney Animation Studios on their phenomenal recognition!
Stay tuned for more coverage of the Frozen Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand Release, coming everywhere March 18th! Or, if you just can't wait, you can download it now in Digital HD!

More coverage of the trip from fellow bloggers:


Disclosure: I received a trip to Los Angeles in exchange for promotion of the home release of Frozen. For more information, please see my Disclosure tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment