Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stan Lee's Mighty 7 - Premieres Saturday!

I wanted to like Mighty 7. I really, really did. You all know I'm a huge geek, right? Thanks to TV Dad, that includes interest in comics (although I loved the X-Men LONG before I met him. Jean Grey FOR LIFE, YO!), and Stan Lee is THE man for comic characters. I am a serial "True Believer". I wanted to BELIEVE...

Image courtesy Hub Network.


But, I'll be honest... I was disappointed. It still has potential, sure. However, Stan Lee needs to stick to bit parts and narration... he's not that good an actor. Which I guess we all knew. Still... sigh.

If you're a comic fan, you SHOULD still watch this. Then you come back here and tell me if I was way off base or not in my review of the movie. (Yes, that's a link. You should click it. No major spoilers, I promise.) The movie airs this coming Saturday, February 1st at 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific.

2 comments:

  1. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Watched it with my 6-year old daughter, who enjoyed it. Quite generic in every way (from the characters to the story) but with a certain old school charm largely thanks to Mr. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did want to like it, I think that's why I was so bummed it was so "blah". Here's hoping if they take it book-side it'll fare better!

      Delete